Are you sitting comfortably?...

Tuesday 15 February 2011

Something Fishy!

I love art and I love fish. I love fish art (and arty fish). I quite often dream of fish, swimming around me, not in water so perhaps they are flying. I heard somewhere that this means I have so many things to think about that it symbolises my chaotic life - one theory that does actually sound completely true and not a lot of rubbish!

I was trying to figure out how to show off my lovely new(ish) painting and as luck would have it, I don't have to rely on my photography skills as my artist friend Maria now has her website sorted (check it out - www.mariavigers.com) so I can post a pic of my new painting here...this sits above our dining table and restores peace and tranquility to the table (one can hope?)



If you are from around these parts you will pretty much know where the scene is set...one of my favourite places, the Botanic Gardens. I loved visiting as a child with my Dad, one of his passions was gardening. And I loved the ponds and fish tanks...in fact my dream job was to work there and clean out the fish tanks (well that was next to working at the children's farm in Edinburgh Zoo...). Where would I have ended up, I wonder, if I had got my dream job?

And here are my lovely inspirational fish...Denise and Menis. Denise used to be Denis (she didn't have a sex change, she was a different fish - a he) and Menis got a new lease of life when she came along...our big mama...







I think I could have cleaned out the tanks and been official underwater photographer....

No comments:

Post a Comment